Monday 26 January 2015

Eau des Merveilles by Hermès

                                     


If there is anything more I love than make-up is a beautiful fragrance – I am obsessed with long lasting and ‘good’ fragrance that sticks to you all day keeping you smelling just like you in the morning, I love it when people walk past and you get a swift smell of their perfume/cologne leaving in us oar of which fragrance they are wearing – My all time favourite is by Hermes Eau des Merveilles by Hermès and this post will everything about it & why I love it soooooooooooooooo much.

Eau des Merveilles by Hermès It is a lovely fragrance, which starts out with woody notes, which Hermès calls the "The Spirit of Wood", consisting of resins, balsams, woods (cedar and oak) and vetiver. Then comes the heart of the fragrance which Hermès calls "The Memory of the Ocean" consisting of Ambergirs a wonderful material which smells salty, musky and sweet all at the same time! Perfumer Ralf Schwieger, wanted to create a fragrance which centred around this note and I must admit it smells amazingly beautiful! It smells of the sea, with the salty air and also has a musky quality which blends really well on skin, almost like a "second-skin" type of scent. Then for the grand finale the dry-down called "The Sparkle of a Constellation" a sweet pairing of lemon and orange, followed by a spicy mixture of cardamom, black & pink pepper. This is a very unusual ending for a fragrance, but it somehow just like everything Hermès – it works and works magnificently well, you cannot help but be incredibly attracted by the pure beautifulness of this fragrance.

Eau De Marveilles is such an amazing perfume – the name actually means ‘Water of Wonders’ in French which it truly lives up to, I have been wearing this perfume for a few years now and I never get tired of the smell, each time I spray this scent it still marvels me just the same way as when I smelt it for the first time. Now we don’t have smell TV so I am going to try to explain the best way possible - Its smells like very typical French Parisian smell strong body not too sweet, too citric or too orangey although it does have a hint of orange to it, an amazing combination of pretty & refreshing, it has a slight woody and warm aroma to it – which is most likely to be the amber which it contains, but still soft and not to over powering like most Parisian perfumes, I love my perfumes and I can honestly say that this is one of the most unique smells you will come across. I would say that anyone could wear this one, it's a very "happy" fragrance and there is something quite happy and magical about it, like a magic carousel, in a wonderland of aroma all packed into a bottle Unlike most scents this does truly stay with you all day! So if you want to wear it make sure you love it! Lolita Lempicka perfumes have the longest lasting that is know of, but it defiantly does not last all day. I can put it on in the morning and when I'm showering in the evening after a long day, you can still smell the last of the lingering scent. It is defiantly worth every very pretty penny - I usually buy during the holiday period in the gifts sets as it works out more value for money - GBP64.00 for a gift which includes the body cream, shower gel and 50ml bottle off fragrance, on its own often costs GBP69.00, so I always get the best value for money.

Eau des Merveilles by Hermès & Lait des Merveilles 
                                  My collection of Hermès fragrances including Terre D'Hermès (My Husbands)

It's scent also very unisex as there no over powering flowers are involved in the composition of the scent, but it is also quite feminine at the same time! Apparently this was the last fragrance made before Jean-Claude Ellena arrived at Hermès - although he did later make the sequel of products to this scent, including the Eau de Perfume & body cream. I also have the body cream which is tres amazing! The lotion is a true scent not like others with just a slight smell to it and really helps the fragrance to remain much longer throughout the day - I am all for doubling up and caking it on as long as it looks and smells good – why not!! The lotion is silk to the touch and leaves skin feeling incredible smooth, it also has a really nice shimmer to it, little light reflectors in the actual cream which leaves the skin with a beautiful & healthy glow - not too much, not too little- it’s perfectly subdued in balance – Well it is Hermès after all, we wouldn't expect anything less

Au Revoir belle’s

Asma x

No comments:

Post a Comment