Tuesday 23 September 2014

A little piece of me


Well let’s start off a little about me I am 28 years old, I have 7 sisters – no brothers! (yes I am one of 8) my sisters & mum have always been my biggest inspiration in life they have always supported me and nurtured me to be the best I can be – who needs friends when you have 7 siblings!!! my full time occupation is a Business Travel Consultant but I am now a part time freelance Hair & Makeup artist – a lifelong passion and ambition, which I put off pursuing for years but finally had the courage fulfil this little dream of mine. Inspiration to start blogging came from my Make-up teacher Sarah, from Sarah Artistry she really gave me that confidence in myself, as well as an artist of all things glamorous.  She saw the huge range of products I own, and was astoundied at the knowledge I had behind them all, Sarah planted a little seed in my head about becoming a blogger and I guess it just grew from there.

I have been professionally trained through Sarah Artistry with a Level 2 NVQ in makeup artistry with an added hair course, I’m glad I took the route to be academically trained instead of some Joe Blogs course mostly because I learnt a lot about the anatomy and physiology behind skin and how makeup application effects you, your kit and your clients well-being. I gained a professional NVQ award something which most academies are unable to offer.

So what inspired me to take on a career in artistry, I LOVE MAKE-UP and all things beauty – all the lotions and potions, colours and pigments I’m a complete sucker for it!!! From a young age I use to love watching my older sisters apply their daily routines, now I’m a 80’s kid so back then they had it all the bright eye shadow palettes, lip liners & lipsticks – the stacked combo palettes (remember those!!!) I found it all so fascinating watching all the colours and products being applied, I must admit they did kick my butt when they found me playing round in there makeup and hair styler’s hehehe. 

I believe we are all gifted in our own way and hair and make-up is a way of enhancing our natural features, giving us that little bit of confidence in that lipstick jungle that is out there. 

My favourite brands are Illamasqua, NARS, Guerlian, Chanel, Milani, Gerard Cosmetics, Coastal Scents, Inglot, Rimmel, Bourjois, GOSH, Ben Nye, Sleek, Sigma, GHD, Crown & Sarah Artistry Cosmetics – they offer the best pigmented and pro long wear products around, also you tend to get a lot more product for your money and whether its High end or drug store brands I love to play round with them all. Most of you are probably thinking I have missed a few well sort after brands, well I do not support brands which support the occupation of Palestine and support the killing of innocent women & children love me or hate me for it but I supported the freedom of the Palestine’s from a young age, this is my own view and if you support these brands then that’s great for you,  I have always stood for Freedom, Justice & Equality  – it’s not about what religion, skin tone or culture it’s about being human and knowing that racism in any form is just wrong FULL STOP J

So this is me Asma and I hope you enjoy reading.

Born to be glamorous, over and out!


Asma x

No comments:

Post a Comment